As I was trying to get out the door for work the other morning, I decided to run a quick load. With the current set up, there is no longer a "quick load!" I'm talking to God out loud, and questioning our decision to hold off on the new washing machine. I finally got out the door and headed to work. As I drove along, I continued my conversation with God. I was thanking Him that our washing machine has held out so long, and that it has been a couple of months since our last mini flood. I wrestled with whether or not replacing the washer is a need when we can still keep it rolling. I also wondered how long we could go on like this. Could we really keep it working for 9 or 10 more months? Again, a conversation aloud with only my Creator.
Fast forward to last night when I received a phone call, while fixing dinner, from a company requesting my opinion about household appliances. When the voice on the other end told me the survey would take approximately five minutes, I agreed. Happy to help. After several questions, she began to zero in on laundry habits. I answered questions about average loads, where our washing machine is located, type of flooring underneath the machines, gas or electric, and on and on they went.
That's when the fun part came. The caller began to outline a request for us to test a washing machine in our home. The "major appliance manufacturer" is looking for people who will accept their washing machine, use it regularly, and participate in periodic interviews about their experiences. Would we be willing to let them come to deliver and set up a washing machine, store our current one, receive payment for our time and give our feedback? Ummm, did I mention that they would like us to do this for 9 months? Did you catch that?! NINE MONTHS! I became overwhelmed with the realization that God was once again showing up in the most unexpected, undeniably personal way. I was praying for a little more time. He was answering with a blessing far better than the check in my wallet could cover.
I laughed and thanked my sweet Jesus all night. Who thinks of that? Only One I know. And I'm so glad I do know Him. (And the fun part was that the check could then be used to bless others. Yippee!)
fun! did it happen yet?
ReplyDeleteSupposed to be in place the first week of April. Isn't that just fun?
ReplyDeleteComing tomorrow! Judy, you'll probably want to wash a load while your here.
ReplyDelete