Happy Valentine's Day. Well, it is on the calendar, anyway. I'm not feelin' it. I know it's a manufactured holiday. I know it's just another box on my February page. I know it's a chance for candy and card companies to rake in the dough. I know it shouldn't mean anything... but it does. I'm absolutely ill with myself that I let myself get my hopes up for something, some small gesture or gift. Then I'm disappointed. In light of what we've been doing for 45 days, you'd think I'd look at this day as just another day. After all, my focus is no longer on material things. Well, I'm failing miserably today. I want to buy something really sweet and special for my sweetie. And I want to receive some wonderful, even extravagant, gift. There. I said it. I'm materialistic and shallow and greedy and superficial and ultimately disappointed.
I'll get over this. I know Kyle is a good man who loves his family. I know February 14 really is just another date on the calendar. And I know that I'll go back to a proper focus... maybe tomorrow.
I love you, Jill. And I like my Starbucks mug--just what I wanted, and I was surprised even though I may have asked for it in a previous post.
ReplyDeleteI'm back. That chick you were with yesterday is gone... For now, anyway. I really, really dislike her! Thank you for your sweet card. And the movie will be fun to watch together. I love you! But please remember I am a girl. Sometimes stuff just matters to me, whether I want it to or not. Maybe we could have used that language translator last night. ;) xoxo
ReplyDelete