Friday, January 14, 2011

January 13: Target Trip #1

Our first visit to Target and we escaped unscathed! Deals lurked around every corner, and we were able to avoid them all! We walked through clothing, shoes, toys, books, music, and cleaning products. I'm happy to say that I left with 4 items: flour, dishwashing detergent, canola oil, and tea. Not only did we leave with only necessities, but I also found that I was less tempted than I thought I'd be. You see, we've had a week of snow days. Tonight was our first chance to get out of the house. Normally I would have been itching to buy something... anything really. But tonight was somehow different. It's as though I had lost my appetite. I'm sure it's temporary, but I'm grateful for the reprieve.

Verses I've reflected on this week have reminded me to trust God completely, relinquish my hold on things, and to spend time thanking Him for who He is (Psalm 56:3; 1 Thes. 5:18; Col. 4:2). Ever so slowly, God is shifting my focus... my necessary focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment