Monday, January 17, 2011

Great Starbucks Mug for ONLY $5


Okay, this is my first post to this blog. And it's not going to be as eloquent and thoughtful as Jill's have been so far. More from me in the near future, though.

I didn't think I spent that much money on myself, but that is because much of my expenditures are business in nature, which makes sense since I'm in business for myself. But I do spend a lot of money and time (office rent, really) at Starbucks and occasionally Panera. The other day I saw these great new mugs at Starbucks, and I love the small ("Tall") one, wich is ONLY $4.95. What a deal! I could really use it, and I'd bring it to Starbucks with me and use it there since I like the feel of it better than the mugs in which they routinely serve coffee. Plus, with a ten-cent discount for bringing in my own mug, I'd pay it off someday, right? Dang it! Only $5, but it really is a want and not a need--I have plenty of mugs to bring with me when I work from Starbucks.

In the past, I wouldn't have thought twice about this--and I would have paid for it using my Starbucks card, so I really wouldn't even think THRICE about it--but not now. I need to discipline myself, actually deny myself of something that is unecessary. If they still have these come Father's day, though, it's a great gift idea, Jill. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. And what a cute mug it is! You'll have to teach me how to post a picture. I loved reading this, Kyle. Perfect example of the thought process I'm experiencing throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete